Carroll playing with Canes Kentucky squad

Harlan County freshman Shawn Carroll is a member of the Canes Kentucky 14-and-under team this summer.

Harlan County High School freshman Shawn Carroll has enjoyed a busy summer of baseball as a member of the Canes Kentucky 14-and-under team in Lexington. Carroll has spent most of his time at third base, but has also seen action at second base and on the mound.
The team will be traveling to Elizabethtown for the Kentucky USSSA State Tournament on Aug. 6-9.
Carroll scored two runs and stole three bases last weekend in a tournament in Versailles.
In a tournament in Nicholasville, Carroll had a single and scored a run while striking out two and walking two in one inning on the mound.
He had a double and scored a run in the 14-and-under nationals in Louisville on July 15-18. He gave up two hits with five strikeouts and a walk in three innings on the mound.
Playing in the EKU Classic at Transylvania and Madison Central, Carroll had three singles, a double, two walks, two RBI and three runs scored. He had one hitless inning on the mound with one strikeout and four walks.
Carroll had two singles, two stolen bases and four runs scored during the Sandlot 14-and-under Wood Bat Tournament in Nashville in late June.