Two Division I coaches visit HC to watch Noah

Danny Vaughn

Harlan County junior guard Trent Noah is drawing interest from numerous Division I schools. Coaches from Western and Miami (Ohio) were at the high school on Friday to watch a workout and talk with Noah and his parents.

Trent Noah, Harlan County’s all-state junior guard, has traveled the country the past several years on the AAU circuit as one of the top players in Kentucky in the Class of 2024.
College coaches are now finding their way to Harlan County with the time drawing nearer for Noah to decide where he will play on the next level.
Assistant coaches from both Western Kentucky University and Miami (Ohio) were at a workout on Friday afternoon to watch and talk with the 6-foot-7 guard, who averaged 28.1 points and 9.9 rebounds per game last season in earning all-state honors on both the Lexington Herald and Louisville Courier-Journal squads.
“Having two Division I basketball programs coming to a workout at our school was a great experience, not only for Trent but our team, and school,” Harlan County coach Kyle Jones said. “Trent is a great talent individually, but a team-first kid. He is an extremely hard worker both in the gym and the classroom.”
Noah has already received offers from two Division I programs in Coastal Carolina and Northern Kentucky University. He traveled to Nashville on Thursday for an official visit to Belmont, one of the top programs in the Ohio Valley Conference. Belmont was 25-8 las season in its final year in the OVC before moving to the Missouri Valley Conference.
Western assistant coach Martin Cross and Miami (Ohio) assistant coach Jonathan Holmes were at Harlan County on Friday. A coach from Furman is expected to visit with Noah on Thursday at the school.